Address: Department of Physical, Earth and Environmental Sciences – Ecodynamics Group – University of Siena, Pian dei Mantellini 44, 53100, Siena
Tel: +39 0577 235745 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoctoral fellowship, SSD CHIM/12 – Environmental Chemistry and Cultural Heritage, at the Department of Physical, Earth and Environmental Sciences (University of Siena).
2006: Degree in Biological Sciences (Ecological curriculum) at the University of Siena.
2011: PhD in Chemical Sciences, XXIV cycle (University of Siena).
March 2007 – September 2007: internship in a factory for livestock feed production “Giardini Mangimi S.p.A.”, Castiglione del Lago (Perugia).
March 2012 – March 2013: Researcher in the company “Siena Ambiente S.p.A.” (operator of solid waste management plants), Siena.
April 2013 – December 2013: Ongoing coordinated cooperation at the Department of Physical, Earth and Environmental Sciences (University of Siena).
May 2015 – Present: Postdoctoral fellowship, SSD CHIM/12 – Environmental Chemistry and Cultural Heritage, at the Department of Physical, Earth and Environmental Sciences (University of Siena).
Sustainability indicators (in particular Greenhouse Gas Balances at territorial and production scale); Energy and bio-energetic systems; Application of dynamic models to systems of environmental relevance.
1) M. Marchi, V. Niccolucci, R.M. Pulselli, N. Marchettini, 2018. Environmental policies for GHG emissions reduction and energy transition in the medieval historic centre of Siena (Italy): the role of solar energy. Journal of Cleaner Production 185, 829-840, doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.03.068.
2) M. Marchi, F.M. Pulselli, S. Mangiavacchi, F. Menghetti, N. Marchettini, S. Bastianoni, 2017. The greenhouse gas inventory as a tool for planning Integrated Waste Management Systems: a case study in central Italy. Journal of Cleaner Production 142, 351-359, doi:10.1016/j.clepro.2016.05.035.
3) M. Marchi, R.M. Pulselli, N. Marchettini, F.M. Pulselli, S. Bastianoni, 2015. Carbon Dioxide Sequestration Model of a Vertical Greenery System. Ecological Modelling 306, 46-56, doi:10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2014.08.013.
4) S. Bastianoni, M. Marchi, D. Caro, P. Casprini, F.M. Pulselli, 2014. The connection between 2006 IPCC GHG inventory methodology and ISO 14064-1 certification standard – A reference point for the environmental policies at sub-national scale. Environmental Science & Policy 44, 97-107, doi:10.1016/j.envsci.2014.07.015.
5) M. Marchi, S.E. Jørgensen, F.M. Pulselli, N. Marchettini, S. Bastianoni, 2012. Modelling the Carbon Cycle of Siena Province (Tuscany, central Italy). Ecological Modelling 225, 40-60, doi:10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2011.11.007.